Pilot Club of Sweetwater has become involved in many projects in the community of Douglasville over the years. One of the objectives of our local club is to reach out in the community and help those suffering from brain disorders. Some projects toward that end have been:
- Contribute bicycle helmets to the Salvation Army to be donated to children in need.
- Furnish Lifeline Support Systems to the elderly living at home.
- Organize parties and contribute favors to local nursing homes.
- Visit local schools and educate children about “BrainMinders,” a safety program which highlights injury prevention.
- Health and wellness programs.
- Collect special donations for the homeless and our veterans.
- A Silver Ribbon campaign
- Presenting Certificates of Appreciation and Pick-Me-Ups to local caregivers in our communities and recognizing in special ways those who serve others.